Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 1 09:28:35 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer wrote:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-06-12/fedora-
> meeting.2009-06-12-17.01.html

Ah, there it is, I must have missed it when going through the summaries,
sorry. :-(

So I'll have to blame the previous FESCo for voting this through with
practically no feedback, as they observed themselves before the vote:
17:14:04 <nirik> has there been any feedback on lists or wiki?
17:14:15 * nirik just sees one 'sounds fine to me' comment on the discussion
page
17:14:25 <notting> yeah, haven't seen much

But in any case, I don't think any of us realized the amount of maintainer
confusion this would cause (I know I didn't or I would have complained on
the mailing list right when this was proposed). In hindsight, it was
definitely a mistake. This thread is just one of the examples of maintainers
having been led to believe they have more time to develop their features
than they actually do, I've seen several more while sitting in FESCo feature
meetings. We should fix the mistake at the first opportunity (Fedora 13).

        Kevin Kofler