Re: Proposal: Python 3 in Fedora 13

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 19:15, David Malcolm <dmalcolm redhat com> wrote:
>  - We have a working, valuable python 2 stack, which is used by
> critical system components (yum and anaconda): we must not destabilize
> the python 2 stack.

Do we have an idea how far our stack is from working on python3 ?

And how far all the rest of python packages is?

I think at one point the decision to switch to python3 has do be done
and some packages will be left behind (at least for a while). It is
just a question when the switch will happen.

A parallel python3 stack now would mostly be usable for people using
python3 for work and for these a separate repo would be enough, they
probably will need this for RHEL/CentOS too.

Cheers,
Christof