Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 7 21:13:19 UTC 2009

Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
> I believe the time has come to retire ksensors.
>
> The last update/release was 18/08/2004, and it appears upstream has been
> defunct since at least that time.
>
> Unless there are objections voiced and/or a maintainer steps forward
> before Oct 9 (Friday), I will go ahead and retire this package.

Here's an objection! I still use KSensors all the time, it still works
perfectly fine and it presents the information in a better way than the
plasmoids. (For example, you can have actual numbers for the temperature in
the systray as opposed to some funky curves or analog indicators which are
hard to read on my small panel.) The plasmoids also seem not to display
hddtemp information. But I'm willing to pick up KSensors maintainership if
you want to orphan it.

        Kevin Kofler