How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 14:57:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 14:08 +0200, Andreas Tunek wrote:

> Maybe we could do a "Phoronix live cd" that includes the phoronix 3d
> tests and removes stuff like abiword and gnumeric?

We're not huge fans of the Phoronix tests for a variety of reasons
(including that you don't really have a clue what it's installing most
of the time). It would be nice to have more comprehensive 3D tests.
Frankly, the reason they're so rudimentary ATM is that even basic 3D
functionality is broken in sufficient numbers of cases to keep the
developers busy...basic 3D or Compiz was broken in the majority of cases
in both the Intel and Radeon test days this time around (although I
think those bugs are fixed now). But if people want to contribute more
extensive 3D test cases, that would be awesome, and the kind of
contribution we'd love to have to the QA group.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey