How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Oct 9 16:15:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 09:35:23 +0100,
  Terry Barnaby <terry1 at beam.ltd.uk> wrote:
> I totally agree with you on the QA issue. Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't
> seen any real set of tests to be performed on Fedora 3D graphics.
> I tried the ATI test day for graphics. On the 3D graphics side it said to
> run "glxgears" and if you like other 3D apps that you use. Running your
> other 3D apps is difficult from a limited Live distribution...

Try the games spin. I have a related problem in that it is hard for me as
the spin maintainer to test the 3d games on the spin because the stock
drivers haven't been supporting 3d on any of my machines at home. And
3d testing on my work machine (which also hasn't worked real well) is
pretty limited to testing that 3d works on that machine, not really the
kind of testing of the spin that I'd like to do to test the spin itself.

> I really think a simple test procedure should be implemented and documented
> to at least check for basic functionality with the main 3D applications.

I am supposed to be doing test cases for the games spin. That isn't going to
get done for F12 though.