How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 14 06:58:45 UTC 2009

James Antill wrote:
>  Personally I'd suggest pushing to updates-testing but wait a _long_
> time (maybe even never) before pushing to stable.

"Never" is definitely the wrong answer: updates-testing is not for stuff
which is too unstable to go stable, ever. Any update sitting in testing for
more than (at most) 2 or 3 weeks (usually 1 week is enough, but risky stuff
should get approximately 2 weeks of testing and regression fixing; at least
those are the timings our experience in KDE SIG showed optimal) is either
broken, in which case it should be unpushed (and the maintainer should be
more careful next time), or not, in which case it should be promoted to
stable.

We really need some stricter enforcement against stuff sitting in testing
forever.

        Kevin Kofler