thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at pobox.com
Wed Oct 14 15:52:16 UTC 2009

On 10/14/2009 11:35 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>>
>> Global indexing introduces legal issues, disk space requirements and CPU
>> requirements that extend beyond F11...
>>

> Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but what is the significance of how many files
> your emails are stored in? Separating them out provides some sort of
> security advantage?

Legally speaking, it is important, if I am ever called into court, to be
able to show a distinct separation between my personal email and my
NDA-heavy Red Hat email.  And, bboth of which must be separate from my
micro-micro-corporation.

If one does not demonstrate intent at creating "walls" separating legal
entities, it becomes a whole lot easier for a GarzikMicroCorp-related
lawsuit to subpoena my personal and Red Hat email.

Separation of data is basic legal CYA.

	Jeff