Maintainer MIA: Claudio Tomasoni

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Thu Oct 15 08:12:22 UTC 2009

On 10/10/2009 10:43 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 10.10.2009, 21:41 +0200 schrieb Chitlesh GOORAH:
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>>> I am starting the AWOL procedure [1] for Claudio Tomasoni, because he
>>> didn't respond to a bug I opened 5 months ago [2]. Chitlesh even tried
>>> to contact him for more than 7 months [3]. We should prepare for taking
>>> over Claudio's packages [4].
>>
>> I'm willing to take over :
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/octaviz

I should discourage anybody from taking over octaviz, the package fails
to build from source as it is not compatible with vtk > 5.0 [1], I spent
with it several hours when it failed during our F11 mass rebuild in
February, without any significant success.

IMO it should be just killed for now since it doesn't seem that there
will be any positive changes soon.

Regards,
Milos

[1] Read more here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/octaviz/develop