thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:16:56 UTC 2009

Richard Hughes <hughsient <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, by PackageKit we really mean kpackagekit and gnome-packagekit,
> as the PackageKit bits are already usable, e.g.
>
> * Enable this testing repo
> * Get the updates from this repo
> * Install them
> * Wait a week
> * Ask user for feedback, and point them at the bohdi page.
>
> Richard.

The basic philosophy here does sound workable and appealing to me as both a user
and tester, and also fits with the "cutting edge" Fedora model, and seems to me
might get a significant number of users more aware of how to test packages
(presumably there would be some warning that 'this is a package still being
tested and may not work as expected' or somesuch (like the 'eats babies' warning
for rawhide)?