How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Oct 16 19:55:02 UTC 2009

Le Ven 16 octobre 2009 20:39, Kevin Kofler a écrit :

> For example, I find it sad you switched to fire-and-forget "maintenance" for
> dejavu-fonts. The monthly updates were a good thing, they rarely if ever
> caused any problems and they improved font coverage.

Dejavu has matured a lot so new releases are incremental improvements with no
big feature changes. Not worth it pushing updated packages for previous
releases (that will be installed by pretty much everyone, since DejaVu is in
the default set)

Also, you may have liked the monthly churn, but even lwn.net editors
complained of it publicly

Lastly it gives me more time to work on new packages for new releases.

At the risk of repeating myself one Fedora release cycle is not long and if we
didn't waste our users' time by constant gratuituous updates in stable
releases they could allocate more to update when a new Fedora version was
published.

People who want the latest of everything and do not mind unstability should
run rawhide. Stop rawhidizing stable please.

--
Nicolas Mailhot