Status of touchpad support in F12 for kdm?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Oct 18 18:58:10 UTC 2009

Dne 18.10.2009 11:14, Mike Cloaked napsal(a):
> In F11 every laptop I installed had support for the touchpad under Gnome, but in
> order to have touchpad tap action at the greeter stage in kdm I need to put in
> place a suitable hal/fdi file.
>
> Is touchpad support in kdm going to be available by default in F12?

I have no experience with KDE, but in Gnome I have it set in the Gnome
configuration (not sure whether it works in gdm). Otherwise /etc/hal/fdi
file is your safest bet.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration has some more
information about this.

Matěj

Why should I travel, when I'm already there?
    -- Bostonian lady, when being asked why she never visited
        other places than Boston