Passing on ownership for a package...

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:16:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:23:45AM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Is there any process for handing over package ownership? I have a
> package that I'm wanting to give to another maintainer. Can I simply
> reassign ownership to him, or is there something else needed first?

Note, if you want to make sure that the right person gets ownership, you can
email me and I'll make it happen.  (or put in a cvsadmin request).

The pkgdb currently has a half-implemented feature that escaped to
production before it was ready -- it reassigns ownership of orphaned
packages to the longest comaintainer.  This wasn't supposed to go live
until the current owner had the ability to set the new owner as well so that
either would be possible.

-Toshio