Tag the F-12 updates?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 02:15:29 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 07:36 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 16:33 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
>> OTOH, people did put effort into filing bodhi tickets and writing update
>> notes there.  Perhaps this means that everything with bodhi tickets is
>> already good enough for tagging.  We should auto-tag everything non-crit
>> path and have two votes on the rest.
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> This seems to me like the best option at this point.  We can treat the
> bodhi ticket as the rel-eng tag request.

Talked with Jesse in IRC.  It seems we are in agreement that for the
moment we will treat all bodhi update requests as tag requests.  We will
flush this queue to rawhide allowing immediate testing to all rawhide
users.  After a package is tagged into f12-final, the corresponding
bodhi request will be cancelled to mark it as "done".

To avoid confusion, while we in the short-term will process both rel-eng
tag requests and Bodhi updates-as-tag-requests, know that the latter is
only a temporary measure until we figure out the ideal future procedure.

Sometime later we will decide to begin staging real updates in Bodhi.
Jesse wants to discuss this in Monday's rel-eng meeting.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com