Looking into LLVM

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 26 15:22:44 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 08:45 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:

> Please don't put words in my mouth, I did not say "never try at all".  I
> said that spending less time building things is only an obvious benefit
> if we don't lose real functionality, and don't waste time placating the
> compiler to get things to build.

Yes, I understand that. Note that benefit is not just speed.  From a
earlier discussion,

http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/362915-clang-static-analyzer-use.html

> But hey, if you're volunteering to run the experiment, go wild.

I am not volunteering. I just wanted to know if anyone else has already
tried it.  If you read my original post, that's what I asked.

Rahul