Looking into LLVM

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:30:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> AFAICT, the native LLVM backends don't have that problem. The real problem
> with C++ is that Clang's C++ support is experimental and incomplete, so
> you're stuck with llvm-g++.
>
>> I thought that C doesn't have any crazy name or symbol or virtual
>> table mangling.  The stuff should just work, right?
>
> But this is about C++.

I don't mean to misunderstand, but if I recall from your very first
post in this thread...

> Actually, the ABI issue is only if you use the C code generator, not the
> native ones.

Hence I thought you were talking about ABI issues with C.

I'm not up on how LLVM frontend integration works, so I actually don't
understand the distinction between "the LLVM C Backend" and "the
native LLVM backends".

Simply, can I write and compile a GTK program with LLVM?

I'd love to use it for the intuitive error reporting, honestly.