dhclient and dhcp update require restart?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 1 21:07:31 UTC 2009

David Cantrell wrote:
> But I explained in the previous reply how to cycle the interface
> using either the network service or NetworkManager.  I still view
> this as something more technical users will be familiar with and for
> the average user, simply rebooting the system is the easiest method.

No, the easiest method is:

"The following updates require their respective services to be restarted
for the updates to take effect. <List of services.> Proceed? [Yes] [No]"

Well, easiest for users. Not so much for developers :-).

--
Matthew
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! --