Bugzilla Desktop Client

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 09:16:19 UTC 2009

On 09/07/2009 02:36 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/07/2009 02:32 PM, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
>
>> btw .. python-bugzilla does work with upstream bugzilla nicely, and it
>> is of course not meant for other ticketing systems.
>
> The problem is that deployments of bugzilla (GNOME, KDE etc) tend to be
> customized and if we want to support them, we need to test/tweak to make
> sure they work will with the ones we care about.
>
> Rahul

Yeah, that is going to be a bottleneck. But that has to be fixed while
working.

Customization also has levels. If they are customizing with customizing
interfaces already provided by bugzilla, then it wouldn't be a problem.
One can use bzobj.__proxy.<api> and cf_* keys. But if they have tweaked
it beyond that then it gets worse.

--
Regards,
Rakesh Pandit