Re: Snapshot Label bug (was Graphics Test Week)

On 09/09/09 08:17, mike cloaked wrote:
Bob Arendt wrote:

Try using /sbin/dosfslabel or /sbin/e2label to read the actual label.
Then use that for the label on the boot line.

Bingo!  That works - excellent - I think I will add this to the
reference page - others will doubtless be bitten by this also.
Now I hope I can test later this evening....

mike

Glad it helped.  I tried out the Snapshot 1 liveusb, and
was puzzled when it didn't work;  My original post to
those bugs was based on /sbin/dosfslabel (it was a vfat stick).

I'm curious - what *was* the label reported?  How did you
create your live boot?  I'd used the "livecd-iso-to-disk"
tool, latest F11 version to put the live iso's on to a USB
stick .. and ended up with labels "F12-i686" and "F12-x86_64".

Some tool somewhere is mucking this up.  I don't know if
it's the .iso creation on the fedoraproject side, or the
livecd-iso-to-disk from the livecd-tools package (or some
sort of tool inconsistency).

-Bob Arendt