fedora mini alpha testing

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 15:41:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 12:12 +0100, psmith wrote:
> On 26/08/09 00:00, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Arriving fashionably late, and mostly intact, to the "Constantine"
> > Alpha party I'd like to announce that Moblin on Fedora has made it's
> > initial debut for Fedora Mini :)
> >
> > Still a work in progress, Moblin is now in a mostly usable state on
> > Fedora for testing. It has hence come well dressed for the alpha party
> > in the "Constantine"
> > theme in that its still very much in the testing stage :-) But if your
> > still game..... to give your netbook it's first real work out read on!
> >
> > If its running the Constantine alpha or rawhide, you can test it by
> > simply do a 'yum groupinstall "Moblin Desktop Environment"'. Once
> > that's done simply logout or reboot and you can prepare for take off
> > by selecting "Moblin User Experience" during login. While the core
> > interface in now there there's still a couple of packages that are
> > will arrive over the next week so. Running 'yum groupinstall "Moblin
> > Desktop Environment"' again will top you up :)
> >
> > I look forward to feedback and help in making it great for F-12, and
> > all other Moblin and Fedora Mini feedback. I'd also like some help in
> > documenting supported netbook hardware combinations for F-12 so please
> > send me smolt profiles, hardware reports or add and update details to
> > the wiki page here (1).
> >
> > I look forward to a great start to Fedora Mini!
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/FedoraMini/Hardware
> >

> hi peter i'm trying to install on an up to date rawhide and the install
> is failing because certain apps have depsolving problems,
> network-manager-netbook, anerly and anjal are needing these libraries
>
> libnm_glib.so.0
> libmissioncontrol-client.so.0

network-manager-netbook needs some heavy reworking as it hasn't quite
kept pace with NM development lately (namely the PolicyKit update); I've
talked with the n-m-n maintainer about it and there hopefully will be
some resolution on that front.  But n-m-n probably won't build against
the F12 NetworkManager for some time.

Dan