Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

Aditya Patawari aditya at adityapatawari.com
Sun Sep 13 18:37:59 UTC 2009

Thanks Kevin for all this help. I understand that mirroring it will be
difficult due to space constraints. I'll take this to fedora infrastructure
as soon as we have enough members on SIG. I see that you haven't joined the
SIG yet, please do join it soon.

Live DVD SIG : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveDVD

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> I can take up the idea of a KDE Live DVD with KDE SIG. (I'm cross-posting
> this mail to fedora-kde.) The DVD size would allow us to include more
> stuff,
> like translations (kde-l10n-*, those are fairly huge and there are many
> supported languages), input method support (the current GNOME live CDs
> include that, but we weren't able to fit it on the KDE ones), additional
> applications (there are plenty of nice KDE apps, and we might also consider
> including stuff like OO.o), maybe upstream wallpapers (not as the default,
> but as options). We've found the CD size to be very limiting.
>
> That said, getting the DVDs (also your GNOME one) mirrored might be non-
> trivial, especially in the beginning, as there's already (still) the
> installer DVD as well as both live CDs for mirrors to carry.
>
>        Kevin Kofler
>
> --

Aditya Patawari
Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra