Re: Deltarpm xz problem with PPC generated rpms?

Ben Boeckel <MathStuf gmail com> writes:

> When I was playing around with xz after it came out, it detects
> the processor and memory available to it and defaults to a
> different compression quality based on that. Maybe if the
> compression quality and memory usage is set in the command line,
> you'd get the same output.

By default xz sets its memory limit to 40% of the physical memory, but
limits above about 90Mb don't change the output any more, and it's still
different between x86 and ppc.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab redhat com
GPG Key fingerprint = D4E8 DBE3 3813 BB5D FA84  5EC7 45C6 250E 6F00 984E