Re: status of forked zlibs in rsync and zsync

Adam Williamson wrote:

> At present we are
> still in the contradictory and unsatisfactory position of
shipping rsync
> with an internal forked zlib but refusing to accept zsync
as a package
> because it does exactly the same thing.

I hope this would not mean that rsync would be discontinued
in favour of zsync.

The zsync website states:

"[W]here rsync is designed for synchronising data from one
computer to another..., zsync is designed for file
distribution, with one file on a server to be distributed to
thousands of downloaders."

I use rsync every day for exactly its intended purpose, but I
have NO use of the latter function.