Xinetd resurrection

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 10:04:43 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 09:31 AM, Jan Zeleny wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm current maintainer of xinetd in Fedora. Lately I've been inspecting some
> major patches and I was informed that upstream is pretty much dead. I think
> this project is interesting and it's worth to try to resurrect it.
>
> My plan is to start project on fedora hosted and basically rebuild the whole
> source code, so it is more clean and can be extended/maintained easily if
> needed.

I suggest you to contact xinetd maintainers in other distros (Debian,
Gentoo, SuSE, ...) and try to coordinate the effort. You may get more
helping hands and I am pretty sure they have their own patches you might
consider to include.

Don't forget to announce the fork on xinetd mailing list. Also,
contacting orginal xinetd maintainer if he is willing to contribute,
e.g. with xinetd.org domain :).

Jan