Non-responsive maintainer process for kurzawa / Krzysztof Kurzawski

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Sep 18 16:19:47 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> said:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> > Neither am I. Yet I do all I can to stay reachable.
>
> Right, but even still, I don't really think that "you're not online
> for a week, you're gone!" is the right approach.  There are probably a
> good many packagers that don't check in once a week or more.  Not the
> case for you or I obviously, but I wouldn't discount that they exist.

I only have 2 minor packages (both of which will probably not change
again), so it isn't a big deal for me, but I would say one week is too
short.  I was recently on vacation for a week where I barely had time to
look at a computer (Dragon*Con, where I was on staff).  I checked my
email at most once a day, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to do
any package work during that time.

In a couple of weeks, I get to report to a US district court for jury
duty for "approximately two weeks" in a small town (that had a RHL beta
release series named after it!); who knows how much I'll be able to get
online during that time.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>