yum-presto not on by default

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Sep 24 20:32:21 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> said:
> Neither of these will happen because they require esoteric knowledge of
> yum plugins that users don't have. So if we turn it off by default, it
> will not be used by a significant percentage of the people for whom it
> is beneficial.

If it impacts update performance by default, then it should be off, or
we'll have another thing added to the oft-repeated "Fedora fixes" list
(like "yum remove pulseaudio", "turn off SELinux", etc.).

Lots of users are connected to high-speed Internet, so their update
performance should not be impacted to help those that are not as well
connected.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>