status of forked zlibs in rsync and zsync

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 29 12:00:38 UTC 2009

On 09/29/2009 05:14 PM, Josephine Tannhäuser wrote:

> Seems that violations of the guidelines are not so important like the
> violation of the Trademark (The hunting of fedora related sites, like
> blogs or forums with adhesions contracts)...  Are the project related
> activities are out of balance?

They are called guidelines and there are always exceptions. Bundling a
library is not ideal but removing rsync would be a extreme step. I don't
think the situation warrants that. Let's not loose perspective here.

Legal issues might deserve a higher priority but would vary on a case by
case basis. If you have concerns about that, take it to fedora-legal or
fedora advisory board list. A number of changes have been made in the
trademark guidelines recently in response to concerns and afaik, it has
been addressed thoroughly.

Rahul