Upcoming Fedora 12 Development/Release Engineering Tasks

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Tue Sep 29 21:40:38 UTC 2009

On 09/29/2009 10:06 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> Upcoming Fedora 12 Development/Release Engineering Tasks
   <<snip>>
> I realize the formatting of these emails is not pretty if your email
> reader uses a proportional font. The mail archives are worse ...

> Let me know if there are any ideas for fixing this.

Begin each pre-formatted line with a space.  Some programs understand "\n "
[newline space] as "stop filling this line; begin a new line".
Put the columns with [mostly] fixed-width data [in this case, the dates]
on the left, with the variable-width info [the task description] on the right.
Some variable-width fonts have the same width for all digits, which helps
to preserve columns of numbers.

Some mailers have an option to send both text and html.