Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 22:11:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 17:52 -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:
> I thought today was the dead line...
>     http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/372823-all-features-need-100-beta-freeze-2009-09-29-a.html
>
> Plus all the kernel parts and the user level code  have been in placed for
> a few months... it already to go...

It was the deadline to be "100%" complete with all the bugfixes, etc..
All those features had to be testable as of the Alpha freeze, and it
sounds like yours wasn't.  What I'm trying to prevent here is a surprise
in the final release where suddenly tonnes of systems can't mount
anymore and we have to scramble to revert the change or do more fixing.

We've already seen two changes that were thought to be "OK" cause havoc
in some of our most critical packages and processes.  I'd like to not
repeat that.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!