Fixing the kernel for intel laptops

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 22:10:02 UTC 2010

2010/1/1 Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my Intel graphics driven laptop up and running again
> (see BZ 523646 for details of the problem) and am trying to rebuild the
> kernel using the latest from kernel.org and the fedora srpm (install
> srpm, copy the kernel, run the spec).
>
> The idea is I drop each patch, build and see which one is killing the
> system and then feed that back to the kernel bods.
>
> The current rawhide kernel (2.6.32.2-14.fc13.i686) is no go on the
> laptop.
>
> Question is, how do I configure the spec file to use the latest kernel
> tarball?

I'm not sure why you are pulling from kernel.org and integrating into
the srpm as that is what happens anyway.

You mention in comment #31 of that bug that you updated and this
caused the problem to exist on both f12 and f13 kernels. I'd be
inclined to visit your yum log and see what was updated and revert it,
if you are able. It may not even be kernel-related.

You might also want to consider taking this to fedora-kernel as the
kernel developers are less likely to read this list due to the volume.
You don't have to subscribe.

Best

--
Christopher Brown