How did I end up as the package owner for emacs?

Hi,

Sometime in the past few weeks I've ended up as the package owner for
emacs, without actually requesting it. I've previously been a
co-maintainer (i.e. watchbugzilla, watchcommits, commit, approveacls),
but haven't requested package ownership at any point, so I'm wondering
what turn of events brought this about, and whether it's a bug with
the pkgdb. If a package is orphaned by its owner, does the next person
with commit access become the package owner or something like that? If
so, I think that needs a bit more thinking. I'm not really grumbling
about become the package owner (though I'm not sure I have enough
knowledge of emacs internals to take on that role), though I am
genuinely confused as to how this happened. Unfortunately the emacs
package does seem to get bumped around various RH employees - it'd be
nice if there was a bit more communication about this when it happens.

Cheers,
Jonathan.