Re: How did I end up as the package owner for emacs?

Hi Jonathan,

you became the owner in the pkgdb when Daniel Novotny and I agreed to transfer the package ownership to me. We discovered that the next person with commit access become the owner when a package is orphaned, and the package owner cannot be changed in pkgdb. I asked about the solution on IRC, and when I got no answer I postponed it. From my point of view it is not important who is the owner when I can fix bugs and commit changes.

I apologize to you for not sending an email about the change, that would have been be the right thing.

Nonetheless, I am also interested in how to change the owner to certain person from the list of package maintainers.

Best regards,
Karel

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
Hi,

Sometime in the past few weeks I've ended up as the package owner for
emacs, without actually requesting it. I've previously been a
co-maintainer (i.e. watchbugzilla, watchcommits, commit, approveacls),
but haven't requested package ownership at any point, so I'm wondering
what turn of events brought this about, and whether it's a bug with
the pkgdb. If a package is orphaned by its owner, does the next person
with commit access become the package owner or something like that? If
so, I think that needs a bit more thinking. I'm not really grumbling
about become the package owner (though I'm not sure I have enough
knowledge of emacs internals to take on that role), though I am
genuinely confused as to how this happened. Unfortunately the emacs
package does seem to get bumped around various RH employees - it'd be
nice if there was a bit more communication about this when it happens.

Cheers,
Jonathan.