Can some provenpackager bump openvpn in EL-5

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Tue Jan 5 15:30:29 UTC 2010

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Jussi Lehtola wrote:

>>> The version of openvpn in EPEL is an upstream rc version.
>>> The Changelog file upstream shows a lot of bugs have been fixed and it
>>> would be nice to have it fixed in EPEL too.
>>>

>> OK, that's starting to sound better.

>>> In this case the bz is around 2.5 weeks old, with absolutely  no
>>> response.
>>> What is the policy to get the package updated in this case?
>>>

>> See the nonresponsive maintainer policy at
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers
>>

> Actually, FYI, I'm a provenpackager and have recently contacted the
> openvpn maintainer.  There are quite a few open bugs, including yours,
> and I requested his approval to take a look at the open bugs and make
> changes, updates, etc, and he gave me the green light.  I'll try to
> get to this this week.
>
> Essentially, he's not been doing much with Fedora lately due to Real
> Life intervening, which I can certainly understand.
>
> -J

An update for F-12 is on it's way to testing.  I'm using it now with no
issues, but I can't test the boot bug, as the machine acting as my
openvpn server isn't using NetworkManager.  That said, it should work.
Please test and let me know if changes need to be made.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love