Re: Our static Libraries packaging guidelines once more

"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa redhat com> writes:
> On 01/05/2010 11:30 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 11:03 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> On the other hand, with the
>>> guideline being so widely ignored, I'm not in a hurry to do work to
>>> comply with it ...
>>
>> Isn't that a chicken/egg problem?

> It really is.

Well, fwiw, I have to fix the same two spec files for the %define
problem, so I'm going to take care of this today while it's fresh in
mind.  But there's a general issue that new things keep getting added
to the packaging guidelines and there's no very good mechanism to
detect whether existing packages ever get updated to comply.

			regards, tom lane