Re: Heads-up: %define vs %global in specs

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Panu Matilainen wrote:

For the impatient:

Starting with today's rawhide, the these kind of constructs in specs no longer "work":
	%{?!foo: %define foo bar}
For the generally desired effect, the above simply becomes:
	%{?!foo: %global foo bar}

This is already recommended by the Fedora guidelines, but packages which haven't been updated to follow the guideline might need revising:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#.25global_preferred_over_.25define

FYI, this change broke font package macros.

I've reverted the macro scoping "fix" until I have a chance to properly investigate the breakage (possibly some quirk related to %{lua: ...} macros).

	- Panu -