[Fedora-directory-devel] Why I am here ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:56:37 UTC 2005

To help and learn LDAP.

To Help: create FDS 7.1 rpm,pkgadd and hp depot packages.
To Lean:  I heard it is possible to create a pure ldap authentication
environment. ie
                  any vaild user in a ldap server  can login into a
RH/Solaris box without adding an user
                  entry in local /etc/passwd file.
I was able to configure proftpd use ldap authentication, and wondering why
not sshd or telnetd ?
My last attempt ended with ldap guru saying it  is on ldap server side(it
need to support a RFCxxxx).
The goal is to escape NIS authentication and go to a ldap unix environment.

T.J. Yang