[Fedora-directory-devel] Does FDS 7.1 support RFC2307 ?

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 07:37:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 10:01 -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> Thanks for Rich's pointer about rfc2307.
>
> I am interest to build a LDAP test server that can eliminate  the need of
> NIS servers.
> Is this possible ? have anyone done that already ?

Yes it should.  IIRC all that RFC does is define some new attributes and
objectclasses for the server, hence any LDAP server that supports
extending the schema should support the RFC.  The key part is not the
server setup, but the client setup.  You need to look at Section 5, and
in particular Section 5.1.

A good book on this topic is LDAP System Administration by Gerald
Carter:

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ldapsa/index.html

Keith.