[Fedora-directory-devel] Does FDS 7.1 support RFC2307 ?

Adam Stokes astokes at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 15:36:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:55:52 -0400
Jeff Clowser <jclowser at unitedmessaging.com> wrote:

> Last time I played with this, you did still have to create users home
> directories, though, so you can't completely avoid touching the box.
> But... a fairly easy way to fix this is to have a cron job that runs
> periodically that looks at ldap and creates (and deletes if you want)
> home directories as appropriate.
>
>  - Jeff
>
> David Irving wrote:
>
> >Nope.. Once in LDAP and everything is configured correctly on the
> >linux box, you don't have to do anything to passwd or shadow to let
> >a user log on to the box. I currently have this kind of setup using
> >RHEL and it works great!
> >

> --

I haven't done much work with NIS and FDS, however, in openldap using
the nis.schema you could create automount entries that would allow you
to mount those home directories on the fly.

This is probably a good one for the how-to section, I'll do some
research and see what I can come up with. If anyone has any success
please feel free to respond to the list and I can get that information
posted for others.

Thanks

--
# adam stokes