[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problems building on HP-UX 11i

uffe at loop.to uffe at loop.to
Wed Jul 13 19:09:41 UTC 2005

Marko Asplund wrote:

> ulf wrote:
>
>> Hello Marko.  It wants both aC++ and the ANSI C compiler as you
>> suspected.  It compiles successfully with these versions on 11i v1:
>> B3901BA  B.11.11.01  HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00
>> (S800)
>> B3913DB  C.03.26 HP  aC++ Compiler (S800)
>>
>> Is there anything revealing in config.log about why your aCC isn't
>> working?  I don't remember any C++ code in NSS or NSPR but aCC will be
>> required to build other components like libICU, so it will need to be
>> functional at some point anyway.
>>
>> BTW, lets move to the fedora-directory-devel list...
>

> i didn't have the HP aC++ Compiler installed when i first tried the
> build. after installing it i'm able to successfully compile NSS.
>
> here's a description of my compiler setup:
> - HP C/ANSI C compiler B.11.11.12
> - HP aC++ Compiler C.03.63
> - ANSI C Compiler patches PHSS_32509 and PHSS_32510
>
> could you modify the build page compiler section (http://
> directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Building) so that it says both of
> the above compilers are required in order to build the server on HP-UX.
>
> it might be good to remove the aCC dependency from the Mozilla
> components at some point if it's not really needed.
>
> now, i've managed to compile nss and svrcore but the c-sdk build
> fails with the following error message:
>
> cc: error 1405: "/opt/ansic/lbin/ccom" terminated abnormally with
> signal 11.
> gmake[2]: *** [ldapsearch.o] Error 9
>
> i'm attaching a full typescript to this email. i'm using the Mozilla
> components from http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/sources/mozilla-
> components.tar.gz.
>
> any ideas on what's going wrong?
>

> br. aspa

Hello Marko.  I have updated the HP-UX required compilers list.

For the seg fault in ccom, I'm not sure.  There have been many such bugs
fixed but it looks like you're using the latest patches.  I will look
around to see if I can get B.11.11.12.

One thing I notice is that my build complains about and ignores the mix
of -g and -O:
    cc -Ae -o ldapsearch.o -c     +ESlit +DA2.0W +DS2.0 -O -g +Z
-DDEBUG_ulf -DDEBUG=1 <...>
    cc: warning 483: The DOC (Debug of Optimized Code) option is
unavailable with the PA64 compiler; ignored.
Your build seems to be successfully compiling with DOC until the crash.
Can you try disabling that by making distclean and rerunning configure
adding "--disable-debug"?