[Fedora-directory-devel] Using Apache httpd

Chen Shaopeng chen_shaopeng at idsignet.com
Tue Nov 1 09:04:40 UTC 2005

Brian Topping wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was talking to David Boreham on IRC a few hours ago and he  mentioned
> that the future of FDS was on Apache httpd with Tomcat.   I'm interested
> in this because the deeper I go into ns-httpd to try  and solve my
> issues on x86_64, the more I realize I would be a lot  more comfortable
> in Apache.
>
> Having said that and knowing it would be a lot cheaper to just go
> replace the motherboard in this machine with a decent P4 mobo, my
> interest is piqued on how far along the transition to httpd is and if
> it is gaining momentum, how I might help.  I know my schedule  wouldn't
> permit a massive investment of time right now, but if just  having more
> people doing bug fixes on software that was operational  but very rough,
> I could probably help.
>
> Any thoughts, pointers, notes or miscellaneous appreciated...

That's what we would like to know and would like to work on too.
I was looking into porting the current functionalities to apache
httpd, when I heard that there is currently an apache module
being developed already.

My goal is to develop web admin console, based on apache, to
replace the current combo of admin server and java admin
console.

Regardless of how early stage the mod is in, it would be cool
if we can get some info about, especially, the roadmap, etc.

rgds

csp
--
Chen Shaopeng