[Fedora-directory-devel] General use questions and diffs fromNetscape

Deas, Jim James.Deas at warnerbros.com
Fri Jul 21 19:33:26 UTC 2006

Thanks for the input.
 I would not recommend RH423 for those who are trying to immediately
deploy ldap or Keberos across a network. There is just no way someone
new to ldap/Kerberos can gain enough insight into all the possible
problems and gotchas in four days of instruction! If you need to use
ldap immediately hire a good consultant!  I do highly recommend the
course to those who have time to plot and plan their implementation. The
course was very good about walking through all the cli tools and the
steps needed to create and manage ldap.

 Even if you plan to use openldap directly and not Redhat Directory
Service, the course is worth the time. It gives you a quick foundation
to build on.

Phpldapadmin is where I am going to start. Has anyone seen a practical
implementation using Webmin?