[Fedora-directory-devel] Announcing Fedora Directory Server 1.0.2

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 01:23:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

The build instructions on

http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Building#One-Step_Build

need to be updated.  Step two should be:

cd dsbuild-fds102/meta/ds

I can confirm that FDS 1.0.2 builds out-of-the-box on my Rawhide
workstation on a completely free stack (no proprietary JDK required for
the Java bits).  This is excellent news!

As a smoke test I tried running startconsole on java-gcj-compat.  It
fails immediately with a GC out-of-memory error.  This is because gij's
support for the -ms and -mx options is limited.  Would it be OK to
remove these options from the launcher scripts for the next release?

When I remove -ms8m -mx64m from startconsole the GUI tool works well on
our free Swing implementation.  I've attached a screenshot.

Could someone add a note about this workaround to the release notes?

Thanks,
Tom