[Fedora-directory-devel] Installing FDS

Joe Baker joebaker at nelfc.com
Fri Mar 31 17:14:50 UTC 2006

Is there a good howto for installing Fedora Directory Server (FDS) on a
Fedora Core 5 system.

I've heard many good things about FDS.  I'd like to begin migrating from
our old Mandriva 9.1 system running OpenLDAP to FDS.

I've been surprised that FDS hasn't shown up over on Gentoo as an ebuild
script.

I tried but failed to install FDS on CentOS 4.

I'm looking for an easy way to try FDS but my past installation attempts
have left me thinking it is a difficult thing to get right.

-Joe Baker