Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] Re: Please Review: Add LDAPI (LDAP over unix domain sockets)

Howard Chu wrote:
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:16:04 -0800
> From: Pete Rowley <prowley redhat com>

Sorry, I don't mean to beat too much on a dead horse, but ...

;)

OK. That is a pretty powerful argument, and my rereading of the RFCs reveals that there is about zero wiggle room on this precise point. However, for us this is an experimental feature on top of an experimental feature (ldapi itself), and in that light I propose to do the following:

1. #ifdef WITH_AUTOBIND the auto bind code
2. not #define WITH_AUTOBIND
3. offer no configure mechanism for turning on autobind

This allows experimenters to do their experimenting but requires an unusual step (in an autotools world) on the part of builders to add the feature, and it will not appear in the binary builds of FDS offered for download.

Regards

--
Pete