[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: How to implement Extended DNs for Samba4?

Pierangelo Masarati ando at sys-net.it
Tue Oct 21 10:44:34 UTC 2008

Howard Chu wrote:

> I think you misunderstood my proposal. I'm not suggesting we muck with
> the returned DNs at all; the extra information will only appear in the
> response control.

So you mean adding a response control value made of something like

controlValue ::= SEQUENCE {
	extended	extendedDN
}

extendedDN ::= SEQUENCE {
	attrval		attrVal
}

attrVal ::= {
	attrspec	attrSpec,
	value		octetString
}

where the sequence of attrSpec was specified in the control request.  In
the case at hand, the control request would contain GUID, SID and
entryDN.  Is this what you mean?  Then, it would be the client's task to
use the response to build a string in the format specified by
1.2.840.113556.1.4.529.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team