[389-devel] Please Review: Auto-generate SLAPI documentation - first pass

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Tue May 12 05:30:45 UTC 2009

Noriko Hosoi wrote:
> Nathan Kinder wrote:

> Looks good.
>
> It might be a stupid question... doesn't slapi.doxy need any copyrights?
>
> And I'm wondering if there is any easy way to see the diffs on the
> browser as we usually do/did on bugzilla?  Probably, sdiff style
> output could be good enough.  But I'm spoiled by the pretty print and
> colouring... :)
I've only played with this for a minute, but it looks like git-gui will
do what you want.  It allows you to view each commit as diffs, the new
file (with color coded changes), or the old file (with color coded
changes).  To review a large patch, you could create a branch in your
local repo, apply the patch you want to review, and take a look at that
branch in git-gui.  It doesn't look like you can do a side-by-side view
like bugzilla, but you can easily switch back and forth between the
"old" and "new" views.