[Fedora-directory-users] What next?

Chris Curran curran.chris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:02:41 UTC 2005

Rich,

Tbird logging into FDS? What does that mean?

I have a LDAP server setup in my Tbird Address Book. To test the connection,
in Tbird addr book I choose the 'Offline' tab then 'Download Now'. It asks
me for a username and password - I enter them and at that point I'm back
where I began in Tbird. I check the log files in FDS (access) and there are
a number of entries - all those beginning with "RESULT" have "err=0".
Therefore, I conclude that I am logging into FDS without error.

 >From what system? From OpenLDAP?

>From FDS.

Can you tell me how to reproduce this error?

Choose the 'Export' option on the 'Tasks' tab. Any permutation that I tried
resulted in the same error (userroot).

There does not exist "officially supported" documentation either from Fedora
> or Red Hat or Mozilla. You might be able to find something with Google. I
> would be surprised if there were officially supported documentation from any
> Directory Server vendor with respect to Thunderbird integration since it's
> relatively new.

Uhh... Tbird/Mozilla Mail has been around for a number of years and
certainly can't be called "new". I don't know about other vendors; this is
the first Directory Server I have evaluated (although the Sun salesperson I
spoke to told me they support Tbird - how I don't know - we'll find out next
week).

thanks,
Chris Curran