[Fedora-directory-users] I need help enabling SSL for Fedora DS

Darren Fulton dfulton-lists at concepttechnologyinc.com
Wed Aug 3 11:30:55 UTC 2005

The documentation for enabling SSL for Fedora DS at http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL includes instructions for creating an LDIF file at /tmp/ssl_enable.ldif.  That file contains a section that reads:

dn: cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: nsSSLPersonalitySSL
nsSSLPersonalitySSL: Server-Cert

That means, it seems, to modify the dn: cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config.  That RSA section does not seem to exist so running the ldif generates errors.  I do see cn=encryption,cn=config, but not cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config

I know some of you have SSL working already.  How did you do it?

I installed Fedora-DS, went through the Samba How-to, configured Pam to authenticate through LDAP and that all worked.  I then tried the SSL How-to and ran into this problem.  It is possible that I missed a step, but I don't think so because I went through it twice.

Thanks,

Darren Fulton