[Fedora-directory-users] Re: [Fedora Directory Users] Winsync woes

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Aug 3 12:16:00 UTC 2005

On Tuesday August 2 2005 6:15 pm, David Boreham wrote:
> >But I've checked and rechecked those.  My bind DN is cn=Admin.  That's the
> >correct format, isn't it?
> >
> >-
>
> Indeed no. You want the DN for the Administrator user in AD.
> Typically that would be something like 'cn=Administrator, ou=users,
> dc=company, dc=com'.
> However, I would recommend that you use ldapsearch to first establish
> the correct DN
> (search for all users in AD and go looking for the administrator user).

David,

I changed the DN as you suggested, and my sync worked (just as I imagine you
expected it would).  Thank you very much!

If I may be so bold as to take advantage of your knowledge and kindness - when
I created the Windows Sync Agreement, I specified the DS subtree as
ou=People,dc=headquarters,dc=mydomain,dc=com, and the Windows subtree as
cn=People,dc=headquarters,dc=mydomain,dc=com.  When the sync completed, all
Windows users and groups ended up in the FDS People subtree.  How would I get
Windows groups to populate the FDS gorups subtree, and only users to populate
the People subtree?

Dimitri