[Fedora-directory-users] Enabling SSL

Kevin Kovach kovach at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:35:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've worked through the SSL howto on the FDS site and everything went
well until I got to the part where I modified the schema.

The /tmp/ssl_enable.ldif modifications that are suggested work well up
to the point where it tries to modify cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config

To be specific, the recommended changes are as follows...

dn: cn=encryption,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsSSL3
nsSSL3: on
-
replace: nsSSLClientAuth
nsSSLClientAuth: allowed
-
add: nsSSL3Ciphers
nsSSL3Ciphers: -rsa_null_md5,+rsa_rc4_128_md5,+rsa_rc4_40_md5,+rsa_rc2_40_md5,+rsa_des_sha,+rsa_fips_des_sha,
+rsa_3des_sha,+rsa_fips_3des_sha,+fortezza,+fo
-
add: nsKeyfile
nsKeyfile: alias/slapd-directory-key3.db
-
add: nsCertfile
nsCertfile: alias/slapd-directory-cert8.db

dn: cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: nsSSLPersonalitySSL
nsSSLPersonalitySSL: Server-Cert

dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
add: nsslapd-security
nsslapd-security: on
-
replace: nsslapd-ssl-check-hostname
nsslapd-ssl-check-hostname: off

It seems as though when I get to the point where I want to add the
'nsSSLPersonalitySSL' attribute my directory server complains that the
'cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config' object does not exist to be modified.

I don't see anywhere in the HOWTO where I would have created this
object.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

- Kevin