[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Igor logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 15:17:31 UTC 2005

--- "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay at platts.com> wrote:

> I think you should put "objectclass=*" (search filter) at the end, see
> "man ldapsearch"
>
> If you need to do anything and are not familar with LDAP command tools,
> use the admin server to do it.
>
> IIRC all your LDAP data should have baseDN dc=composers,dc=foo,dc=com,
> if your nisdomain (LDAP domain) is set as composers.foo.com.

I changed it:

# foo.com, foo.com
dn: nisdomain=foo.com,dc=foo,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisdomainobject
nisDomain: foo.com

bash-2.03# ldaplist -l
ldaplist: Object not found (LDAP ERROR (50): Insufficient access.)

Gary, sorry for being dense but where's the baseDN?  I need to check what it is...